FluFive (Flunarizine 5mg) – 20 Strips
Composition: Flunarizine 5 mg tablets
FluFiveTablet is grouped under a category of non-selective drugs called calcium antagonist. It is a calcium channel blocker and is used to prevent migraine attacks. Migraine is a recurrent throbbing headache that typically affects one side of the head and is often accompanied by nausea and disturbed vision.It is also used to prevent and treat vertigo and other conditions of the inner ear and the brain.However, it should be noted that FluFive Tablet should not be used for the treatment of an already occurring acute migraine attack. It is not recommended in less than 18 years of age. One may experience an increase in weight, dizziness or depression when taking FluFive Tablets. It is also important to follow a healthy lifestyle, avoid triggers for migraines like strong smells, sounds, certain food items, extremes of temperature, lack of sleep, etc. Discussion with your doctor may help you identify your migraine attack triggers.
FluFive Tablet is used for the:
- Prevention of Migraine Attacks
This medicine is used to prevent migraine headaches with or without aura. It should not be used to treat a headache that has already set in.
- Prevention of Vertigo
This medicine is used for the prevention of vertigo and other conditions of the inner ears and the brain (vestibular disorders).
Major & minor side effects for FluFiveTablet
- Tingling or numbness of the hands and feet
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears
- Drowsiness or sleepiness
- Twitching and unusual movement of muscles
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands and feet
- Weight gain
- Increased appetite
- Blocked or runny nose
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Excessive sweating
- Change in libido
- Dry mouth
- Change in mood
- If you have an allergy to Flunarizine or any other ingredients in the tablet.
- If you have Parkinson’s Disease (decrease mobility and tremors) or have a family history of Parkinson’s Disease.
- If you have suffered from any psychiatric disorders in the past or presently under treatment.
- Missing a dose of FluFiveTablets may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Flunarizine is a selective calcium entry blocker with calmodulin binding properties and histamine H1 blocking activity.
Mechanism of Action
Flunarizine inhibits the influx of extracellular calcium through myocardial and vascular membrane pores by physically plugging the channel. The decrease in intracellular calcium inhibits the contractile processes of smooth muscle cells, causing dilation of the coronary and systemic arteries, increased oxygen delivery to the myocardial tissue, decreased total peripheral resistance, decreased systemic blood pressure, and decreased afterload.
Keep this medicine out of reach of children. Store below 30°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date